NORITAKE CO., Limited and Noritake Group companies (hereinafter referred to as "Noritake Group") are fully aware of the importance of protecting personal information. In order to comply with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and other laws and regulations, and to properly obtain and manage personal information provided by individuals, we responsibly handle personal information in accordance with laws and regulations and in accordance with the following provisions.
■The handling of personal information of individuals
1.What is personal information?
Personal information is defined by laws and regulations as information that can identify a specific individual, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, etc., including information that contains an individual identification code.
2.Acquisition and use of personal information
The Noritake Group does not use deception or other wrongful means to obtain personal information, and it clarifies the purpose of use and, as a general rule, obtains personal information based on the individual's willingness to provide it. In addition, the acquired personal information is not used in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unfair acts.
3.Purpose of use of personal information
- The Noritake Group publicly announces and clarifies the purpose of using personal information provided by customers, business partners, and applicants for employment (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Individuals") on its website in advance, and when the Individual provides his/her personal information in writing or on its website page, etc., the Noritake Group clearly indicates one of the purposes of use and handles the personal information within the scope of this indicated purpose.
- If the Noritake Group changes the following purposes of use within a reasonable scope that is relevant to the pre-altering purposes of use, the Noritake Group will publicly announce and clarify the post-altering purposes of use after the change.
[Purpose of use of personal information]
- To provide products, goods, and services (including maintenance and after-sales service; the same shall apply hereinafter) ordered by customers
- To send materials and catalogs related to products, goods, business activities, etc.
- To provide information on products, goods, services, and events by direct mail, e-mail (including mail magazines), etc.
- To obtain feedback from customers for use in products, goods and services
- To respond to questions, comments, and requests from Individuals
- To contact customers regarding the sale of products and goods and the provision of services
- To facilitate business communication with business partners
- To improve the content of the Noritake Group's website pages and to conduct surveys and analysis of usage conditions, etc.
- To provide personal information to third parties within the scope stipulated in "4. Provision of personal information to third parties.”
- To perform other duties incidental or related to the above
- To promote recruitment activities of the Noritake Group
We use personal information within the scope of any of the aforementioned purposes.
In cases where the purposes of use of personal information are specifically stipulated and described in writing or on its website page, etc., in which personal information is provided by the Individuals, the said purposes of use shall also be included.
4.Provision of personal information to third parties
The Noritake Group does not disclose or provide personal information provided by Individuals to any third party, except in the following cases.
- When consent is obtained from the Individuals
- When jointly using the personal information within the scope of the purposes of use
- When providing information to subcontractors within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- When required by laws and regulations
5.Joint use of personal information
The Noritake Group may jointly use all items of personal information provided by Individuals in the following cases to the extent necessary and minimum to achieve the aforementioned purposes of use.
Scope of joint use
Noritake Group companies in Japan (please refer to the list of group companies)
Manager of the relevant personal information
NORITAKE CO., Limited (please click here for our company profile)
6.Overseas transfer of personal information
The Noritake Group may provide the personal information of Individuals to third parties in foreign countries in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes of use.
7.Safety management of personal information
The Noritake Group takes necessary and appropriate security control measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data, and strives to improve such measures. Specifically:
Organizational security control measures
- Establishment of an organizational structure for taking security control measures
- Establishment of rules, etc. regarding personal information protection, and operation in accordance with such rules, etc.
Personnel security control measures
- Informing employees about the handling of personal data
- Incorporation of matters related to confidentiality of personal information into work rules, etc.
Physical security measures
- Entry/exit management in areas where important information systems are managed, and restrictions on devices that can be brought in, etc.
- Encryption, etc. when carrying electronic media containing personal data
Technical security control measures
- Prevention of unauthorized access from the outside by installing a firewall, etc.
- Monitoring of access status (e.g., storage of access logs), etc.
8.Disclosure of personal information
If the Noritake Group receives a request for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, suspension of provision to a third party, or disclosure of records of provision to a third party of personal information held by the Noritake Group from the Individual, it will respond to the request in accordance with the laws and regulations after confirming that the request is made by the person himself/herself. For details on the request procedure, please contact the following contact regarding personal information.
In addition, some pages of the Noritake Group's websites use “Google Analytics”, a service provided by Google, to collect and analyze website usage. Users may also disable the collection of their information through the use of “Google Analytics” by disabling “Google Analytics” in their browser's add-on settings.
10.Regarding third party websites
The handling of personal information on the websites of third parties other than the Noritake Group, which can be accessed through the Noritake Group's website, is based on the management regulations of such third parties and not those of the Noritake Group, and the Noritake Group has no obligation or responsibility for the handling of personal information on the websites of these third parties.
11.For inquiries or complaints regarding personal information
The Noritake Group's contact information for inquiries and complaints regarding the handling of personal information is as follows:
[Inquiries regarding personal information]
General Administration Department, NORITAKE CO., Limited
Address:3-1-36 Noritake-shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 451-8501, Japan
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
End of document.