Protection of Personal Information
NORITAKE CO., LIMITED and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("The Noritake Group" hereafter) fully recognize the importance of protection of personal information, thus, strictly adhering to all related laws and regulations, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, while doing its utmost to properly obtain and manage customer-provided personal information based on the following items which are consistent with such laws and regulations.
Personal information, according to the definition by law, refers to details which identify a particular individual, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number and email address.
2.Acquisition of personal information
The Noritake Group may acquire personal information, consistent with a customer's intention of providing such information, upon clarification of purpose of use and not by misrepresentation or any other unlawful means.
3.Purposes of use of personal information
- The Noritake Group publicizes on its website, in advance, purposes of use of customer-provided personal information, and when a customer actually provides his/her personal information in writing or on the Noritake Group's website, the Noritake Group also clarifies to the customer some or all of the purposes of use of his/her personal information while assuring that his/her personal information will be handled within the scope of the purpose(s).
- The Noritake Group publicizes any changes made to the following purposes of use of personal information within the scope of the purposes and relevant conditions agreed:
[Purposes of use of personal information]
- To deliver products as ordered by the customer and provide services for the customer
- To distribute information materials and catalogs of products and business activities to the customer
- To provide the customer with information about products and services by direct mail and email
- To receive comments from the customer about products and services
- To respond to the customer's queries and requests
- To communicate with the customer about distributing products and providing services
- To operate the Noritake Group's recruitment activities
In writing or on the Noritake Group's website where the customer provides his/her personal information, some specific purposes of use may be stated, in which case such purposes are also included in the regular scope of purpose of use of personal information.
4.Providing third parties with personal information
The Noritake Group never discloses or forwards any customer's personal information to any third parties unless any of the following conditions apply:
- With the customer's permission
- When shared among the Noritake Group companies within the scope of purposes of use
- When shared by contractors within the scope necessary for meeting the purposes of use
- When required by law
5.Joint use of personal information
The Noritake Group may share all contents of a customer's personal information within the Group regarding the matters below. It should be noted, however, that personal information is not jointly used by all companies of the Noritake Group and that personal information is used within a minimum possible scope in order to meet the purpose of use.
Scope of joint use of personal information
Subsidiaries and affiliates of the Noritake Group (see Appendix for details)
Administrator of personal information protection management
Noritake Co., Limited, Legal Department (see below)
6.Safety management of personal information
The Noritake Group has a safety management system which is necessary and appropriate for protecting customers' personal information so as to prevent the leakage, loss and damage of their personal information.
7.Disclosure of personal information
When customers request to access, modify, add to, delete, transfer (exercise the right to data portability), or stop the use of their personal information held by the Noritake Group, the Noritake Group will verify that the request is made by the person who owns the information and execute the request in accordance with the law. For the procedure, please contact Noritake Co., Limited, Legal Department as stated below under [Contact details for personal information inquiries].
If there are any problems associated with the use of their personal data, customers have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable country.
8.Data retention period
The Noritake Group will retain customers’ personal information as long as necessary for the intended purposes. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary.
9.Transferring personal information overseas
The Noritake Group may use a cookie on its website. The cookie is a small text file which is transmitted from the web server to be stored on a customer's computer. The cookie enables the customization of contents according to the customer's needs so as to facilitate the use of services. The cookie will not be used for anything other than for this purpose.
The handling of personal information on the websites of third-parties who are accessible from the Noritake Group's website is managed under their own regulations and not under the Noritake Group's regulations. The Noritake Group therefore can not be held liable or responsible for the handling of personal information on third parties' websites.
12.Inquiries regarding personal information
For inquiries regarding personal information in connection with the Noritake Group, please use the contact details below.
[Contact details for personal information inquires]
NORITAKE CO., LIMITED, General Administration Dept.
Address:1-36, 3-chome, Noritake-shinmachi, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 451-8501 Japan
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
13.Personal information of customers less than 16 years of age
If you are less than 16 years of age, please do not provide your personal information without parental consent.
14.Amendment of this webpage
From time to time, the contents of this webpage are reviewed and amendments may be made as necessary. Such amendments will be notified on the webpage.